Businesses engage in email marketing because it works well. Here's the proof...
- According to research conducted by the Direct Marketing Association, email marketing generated an ROI of $57.25 for every dollar spent on it in 2005. As such, it outperformed all the other direct marketing channels examined, such as print catalogs.
- A report in mid-2005 from Jupiter Research was more conservative, stating that..."when done right, $1 spent on e-mail can generate a $9 return."
- 47% of marketers surveyed by Marketing Sherpa in early 2006 said that their top performing online marketing tactic in 2005 was "email marketing to house lists." The tactic was second only to search marketing in performance.
Email marketing/communication works for a variety of reasons...
- It allows targeting
- It is data driven
- It drives direct sales
- It builds relationships, loyalty and trust
- It supports sales through other channels